Technology | Architecture + Design (TAD) seeks candidates to join the journal’s Editorial Board. Candidates should have a record of peer-reviewed publication in architecture or an affiliated discipline with relevant scholarly or practice-based research activity in technology-related areas. TAD areas include emerging materials, construction techniques, design integration, structures, building systems, energy, environmental design, information technology, digital fabrication, resiliency and circularity, project delivery, ADA, neuroscience and cognitive disabilities, digital racism, and equity in research, the history and theory of technology, and building technology education.
Together, the Editorial Board conceives, develops, and executes the activities that advance TAD’s mission to be an essential source for new knowledge about the translation, integration, and impact of building technology on architecture and design.
Minimum expectations for all TAD Editorial Board members include the following:
- Elevating the quality of architectural discourse through the production and delivery of the TAD Journal and other ongoing initiatives.
- Working with the Editorial Team to develop and ensure the quality of TAD content and offerings.
- Maintaining the TAD standards for double-blind peer review.
- Reviewing and peer-reviewing manuscripts and proofs.
- Participating in regularly scheduled TAD Editorial Board web-based meetings.
- Participating in regularly scheduled Advisory Board web-based meetings.
- Attending and participating in at least one annual in-person meeting held in conjunction with the ACSA Annual Meeting.
- Promoting each Call for Papers within one’s respective network.
- Acting as an agent for TAD promotion in architecture and allied disciplines.
Terms of service are for three years, eligible for renewal of an additional term, and shall officially begin on July 1, 2022. Editorial board members cannot serve concurrently on another journal’s editorial board. After the first year as an at-large member, candidates will be expected to serve in Editorial Team roles, which include Executive Editor, Associate Editor, Communications Editor, and Issue Editors. We encourage applications from Black, Indigenous/Native, and People of Color, as well as from individuals teaching at minority serving institutions. The Editorial Board seeks to represent a diversity of gender and backgrounds, research methodologies and expertise, as well as geography and institutions.
To apply, you must download the cover sheet and submit it along with the following items in a single PDF:
- a cover letter that addresses your potential to contribute to the Editorial Board, the aims of the TAD editorial mission and ACSA’s commitment to justice, equity, and inclusion
- a current curriculum vitae
- 2-3 examples of past publications.
Applicants must complete an ACSA profile or affirm they reviewed an existing profile, as explained on the cover sheet
Applications should be sent by May 14, 2022, to Carol Mannix, ACSA Publications Manager, email@example.com. Please direct all inquiries to the same. The TAD Editorial Board will review and recommend candidates for approval by the ACSA Board of Directors in the Summer of 2022.