Deadline: April 4, 2021
Technology | Architecture + Design (TAD) seeks candidates to join the journal’s Editorial Board. Candidates should have a record of peer-reviewed publication in architecture or an affiliated discipline with relevant scholarly or practice-based research activity in technology-related areas.
Together, the Editorial Board conceives, develops, and executes the activities that advance TAD’s mission to be an essential source for new knowledge about the translation, integration, and impact of building technology on architecture and design.
Minimum expectations for all TAD Editorial Board members include the following:
- Elevating the quality of architectural discourse through contributions to TAD, including the production and delivery of the TAD Journal and other ongoing initiatives.
- Working with the Editorial Team to develop and ensure the quality of TAD content and offerings.
- Maintaining the TAD standards for double-blind peer review.
- Reviewing manuscripts.
- Participating in regularly scheduled TAD Editorial Board web-based meetings.
- Participating in regularly scheduled Advisory Board web-based meetings.
- Attending and participating in at least one annual in-person meeting held in conjunction with the ACSA Annual Meeting.
- Promoting each Call for Papers within one’s respective network.
- Acting as an agent for TAD promotion within the ACSA organization and non-ACSA educational communities in Architecture and allied disciplines.
Terms of service are for three years, eligible for renewal of an additional term, and shall officially begin on July 1, 2021. After the first year as an at-large member, candidates will be expected to serve in Editorial Team roles, which include Executive Editor, Associate Editor, and Issue Editors. We encourage applications from Black, Indigenous/Native, and People of Color, as well as from individuals teaching at minority-serving institutions. The Editorial Board seeks to represent a diversity of gender and background, research methodologies and expertise, as well as geography and institutions.
If interested, please send a current curriculum vitae, a cover letter that addresses your potential to contribute to the Editorial Board and aims of the TAD editorial mission, and 2-3 examples of past publications in PDF format. Submissions should be sent by April 4, 2021, to Michelle Sturges, ACSA Membership Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct all inquiries to the same. The TAD Editorial Board will review and recommend candidates for approval by the ACSA Board of Directors in the Summer of 2021.